By comparing BLAST's data with that of the Spitzer Space Telescope, a team has identified some 450 individual sources that seem to be responsible for almost all of the far infrared background in the patch of sky BLAST observed.
What does FIRB stand for?
FIRB stands for Far Infrared Background
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FIRB
We have 12 other meanings of FIRB in our Acronym Attic
- Fire-Accident Analysis Code
- Fishing Industry Research Advisory Committee
- Furniture & Interior Renovations Advisory Committee (Singapore)
- Financial Institutions Regulatory Agencies Criminal Referral and Enforcement System
- Flight Incident Recording & Monitoring System
- Far Infrared Absolute Spectraphotometer (COBE)
- Far Infrared Absolute Spectrometer
- First Available (airline jargon)
- Faculdades Integradas Rio Branco (Portuguese: Integrated College Rio Branco; Rio Branco, Brazil)
- Faculdades Integradas Rui Barbosa (Portuguese; Brazilian school)
- Firing Boss (firefighting)
- Flight Information Region Boundary
- Fondo per Gli Investimenti Della Ricerca di Base (Italian: Basic Research Investment Fund)
- Forced Internal Recirculation Burner (Gas Technology Institute)
- Foreign Investment Review Board (Australia)
- Furrow Irrigated Raised Bed (crop planting technique)
- First Islamic Retail Banking Conference
- Federal Islamic Republic of the Comoros
- Finite Impulse Response Channel
- Fixed Income Rates and Currencies
Samples in periodicals archive:
It confirmed that all of the Far Infrared Background comes from individual distant galaxies, answering a decade-old question of the radiation's origin.