Its independent suspension system, which it shares with the more recent family of medium tactical vehicles, provides improved off-road mobility.
What does FMTV stand for?
FMTV stands for Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of FMTV in our Acronym Attic
- Fédération Mondiale des Travailleurs Scientifiques (French: World Federation of Scientific Workers)
- Field Maintenance Test Set
- Field Maintenance Test Station
- Financial Markets and Treasury Services
- Försvarsmaktens Tekniska Skola (French: Armed Forces Technical School; Sweden)
- Fourth Estate Manpower Tracking System (US DoD)
- Fédération Malgache de Tennis de Table (Madagascar table tennis federation)
- Financial Management Transition Team (US DoD)
- Fosses-Marly Tennis de Table (French table tennis club)
- Fort Mojave Tribal Utilities Authority
- Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles - Load Handling System (US Army)
- Far More Than What You Ever Needed to Know
- From Me to You (Beatles song)
- Far More Than You Ever Wanted to Know
- Facility Management Unit
- Family Medicine Unit
- Federation of Motorsport Clubs of Uganda
- Field Management Unit (UK)
- Field Multiplexing Unit (fire alarm)
- File Maintenance Utility
Samples in periodicals archive:
Army Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command, for production of the family of medium tactical vehicles (FMTV).
A three-man crew offloaded the system, which was mounted on a Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles truck, inflated its tires, attached antennas, established radio communication and activated the fire-control panel.
According to UQM, the HEV is a Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles (FMTV) Tactical Wheeled Vehicle.
The accomplishments of Son, he said, include the successful reception and onward movement of 1,200 Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles, 300 Combat Bridge Transport systems, 380 Palletized Load systems and 24 Apache Longbow helicopters.
The heavier version of FTTS, called FITS-MSV, will replace the Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles and the heavy fleet that currently includes the M-915, the PLS, HET and HEMTT cargo trucks.
BAE Systems is displaying the Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles (FMTV), during the 7th Special Operations Forces Exhibition and Conference (SOFEX) held at the King Abdullah II Airbase near Amman, Jordan March 31-April 3.