At the time the federal government spent a small amount of money on "chastity" programs under the Adolescent and Family Life Education Act (AFLA) and communities were just starting to face challenges from those who demanded schools implement fear-based, abstinence-only-until-marriage programs.
What does FLEA stand for?
FLEA stands for Family Life Education Act
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FLEA
We have 7 other meanings of FLEA in our Acronym Attic
- Foundation for Learning Equality (California)
- Français Langue Étrangère
- Fraternity of Linemen and Wiremen
- Frontal Lobe Epilepsy (neurology)
- Full-Load Equivalent (student enrollment calculation)
- Functional Literacy Exam
- Future Learning Environment (Finland)
- Future Logistics Enterprise
- Future Logistics Environment (US DoD)
- Fair and Legal Employment Act (various states)
- Federation Luxembourgeoise des Enterprises d'Assainissement
- Fireline Explosive Advisor (US NWCG)
- Flux Logic Element Array
- Formal Language for Expressing Assumptions
- Four Letter Extended Acronym
- Leaching Factor
- Fleet Activity
- Fleet Antisubmarine Warfare Training Center
- Fleet Antisubmarine Warfare Training Center, Atlantic
- Fleet Antisubmarine Warfare Training Center, Pacific
Samples in periodicals archive:
It passed the Family Life Education Act last year that mandates comprehensive family life education.
Having learned this important lesson, SIECUS and many of our colleague organizations worked to create model legislative language for the Family Life Education Act (FLEA), which was introduced into the House of Representatives last December.