Other section chiefs went to work setting up an emergency credentialing station for volunteer clinicians and a family assistance center staffed with the hospital's social service workers.
What does FAC stand for?
FAC stands for Family Assistance Center
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FAC
We have 398 other meanings of FAC in our Acronym Attic
- Findlay After and Before School Sessions (Ohio)
- Fatty Acid Breath Test
- First American Bank and Trust (Vacherie, LA)
- Field Artillery Battalion Tactical Operations Center
- Fleet Air Base Unit (US Navy)
- Face-Amount Certificate (finance)
- Facility Analysis Category
- Facility Contract
- Family Action Council (public policy group on eating disorders)
- Family Assistance Centre (UK)
- Fanart Central (forum)
- Fast Attack Craft
- Fast Axis Collimation (optics)
- Feature Access Code
- Feature Attribute Code
- Featured Article Candidate (Wikimedia Foundation)
- Featured Artists Coalition
- Federación Argentina de Cardiología (Argentinian Federation of Cardiology)
- Federación Argentina de Cardiología (Federación Argentina de Cardiología)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In fiscal year 2010, Army Community Service staff alone had more than 14 million contacts with Soldiers, Family members and civilians through programs such as Mobilization/Deployment Readiness, Relocation Readiness, Financial Readiness, Army Emergency Relief, Employment Readiness, the Army Spouse Employment Partnership, the Exceptional Family Member Program, the Family Advocacy Program, Survivor Outreach Services, Soldier and Family Assistance Centers, Army Family Team Building and the Army Family Action Plan.
And, I'm glad to see a number of efforts under way here at Fort Drum: An expansion of the Guthrie Clinic; A new Warrior in Transition support center and barracks; More Family Housing Units renovated, and hundreds of new homes delivered--although as I heard from my meeting with spouses not nearly enough houses on post; Expansion of the child development center and other youth programs; and The Soldier Family Assistance Center and Warrior Transition Units that continue to do outstanding work.
The Family Assistance Center provides help to the wounded and their family members (normally the spouse or mother of the wounded individual).
As part of this new partnership, our Departments and Chapters will play an active role in providing community support for our citizen-soldiers and their families through volunteer activities at their focal National Guard Family Assistance Centers.