The discovery came after neurologist Michel Ferrari of Leiden University Medical Center in the Netherlands happened to see two patients on the same day with familial hemiplegic migraine.
What does FHM stand for?
FHM stands for Familial Hemiplegic Migraine
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FHM
We have 51 other meanings of FHM in our Acronym Attic
- Federation of Government Information Processing Councils
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Basel, Switzerland)
- Forni, Hallin, Lippi and Reichlin (economic research)
- Florida Health Literacy Study
- Forest Hills Lutheran School
- Fleet High Level Terminal
- Force/Fleet High-Level Terminal
- Fremont Home Loan Trust
- Freeman Heart & Lung Transplant Association (UK)
- Fachhochschule München (Munich University of Applied Sciences, Germany)
Samples in periodicals archive:
FROM THE INTERNATIONAL HEADACHE CONGRESS BERLIN - The factors that patients report to be triggers of familial hemiplegic migraine appear to coincide in many instances with the same triggers reported by migraine patients with and without aura, according to findings from a questionnaire-based study.
Genetic research, however, has already identified familial hemiplegic migraine, a rare form of complicated migraine, to be caused by a genetic defect on chromosome 19, one of the 26 strands of DNA in human cells.