Joanne's mother had been in the final stages of early onset and familial Alzheimer's disease, which is a type of dementia that affects people under the age of 65 and is caused by a genetic malfunction which is passed through generations.
What does FAD stand for?
FAD stands for Familial Alzheimer's Disease
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FAD
We have 170 other meanings of FAD in our Acronym Attic
- Florida Association of Computer User Groups, Inc.
- Fayetteville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (North Carolina)
- Florida Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus
- Fellow of the Australian College of Veterinary Scientists
- Familial Amyotrophic Chorea with Acanthocytosis
- Forward Airspace Coordination Zone
- Factory Authorized Dealer
- Faculty and Academic Development (various locations)
- Failure Assessment Diagram
- FASCAL Absolute Detector
- Feasible Arrival Date
- Feature Analysis and Design (high level design document)
- Feature Architecture Design (software architecture document)
- Field Activities Division
- Field Activity Designator
- Field Ammunition Depot (various locations)
- Field Assistance Division
- Field Authorization Document
- Fighter Air Directory
Samples in periodicals archive:
The findings may have broad clinical implications because increased hippocampal activation occurs not only in patients with aMCI, but also in other conditions of risk, such as familial Alzheimer's disease (AD).
Elevation of [beta]-amyloid peptide 2-42 in sporadic and familial Alzheimer's disease and its generation in PS1 knockout cells.
6) Most cases of familial Alzheimer's disease, also called "early onset Alzheimer's disease," occur before a person turns 60.
The results from our study suggest a new route to explore for the treatment of familial Alzheimer's disease and possibly the more common sporadic forms of Alzheimer's disease.