The patients are usually young (teens to 40s), and suffer from Ulcerative Colitis or Familial Adenomatous Polyposis.
What does FAB stand for?
FAB stands for Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FAB
We have 272 other meanings of FAB in our Acronym Attic
- Fragmented Atrial Activity Zone
- Antigen Binding Fragment (immunology)
- Fabrication Plant (semiconductors)
- Facility Authorization Basis
- Faculty Advisory Board (various schools)
- Faïencerie d'Art Breton (French earthenware company)
- Fairmount Area Business Association (Philadelphia, PA)
- Fairness and Accountability in Broadcasting Act
- Familie Als Berufung (German)
- Family Allowance, Class B
- Fast And Bulbous
- Fast Atom Bombardment
- Faugh-An-Ballagh (Gaelic: Clear the Way)
- Features Advantages and Benefits
- Feline Advisory Board
- FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) Advisory Board
- Fernando Air Base (Lipa City, Batangas, Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
1,2) In addition to an association with low birth weight, there are several linked genetic diseases including overgrowth syndromes such as Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome, chromosomally linked conditions (trisomies 2, 8 and 20) and X-linked Simpson-Golabi-Behmel syndrome, type 1 glycogen storage diseases, Li-Fraumeni syndrome, familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) (3-6) and type 1 neurofibromatosis.
While normally occurring sporadically, they are more common in patients with familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP), where the incidence is 850 times higher than in the general population (3).
Doctors fear her condition has been aggravated because she has a genetic condition called Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP) which affects the large intestine.
The caution against prophylactic use of these agents applies to asymptomatic adults, including those with a family history of colon cancer, but not to patients with a personal history of colon cancer or polyps, familial adenomatous polyposis, or hereditary nonpolyposis colon cancer syndromes, the statement specified (Ann.
Desmoid tumours complicating familial adenomatous polyposis.
Familial Adenomatous Polyposis factfile What is Familial adenomatous polyposis?
The new model offers evidence confirming what biologists had already thought to be true regarding a rare inherited form of colon cancer known as familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP): what they found is mathematical validation that a single gene mutation can result in FAP.