Ultimately, Lott calculated an "initial false positive rate of roughly 94.
What does FPR stand for?
FPR stands for False Positive Rate
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FPR
We have 137 other meanings of FPR in our Acronym Attic
- First Piece Qualification
- Fixed Price Quote
- Forgot Part of the Question (test scoring)
- Foundation Project Qualification (UK)
- Fine Pitch Quad Flat Pack
- Forestry Plantations Queensland Office (Australia)
- Fabry-Perot Resonator
- Failed Part Report
- Failed Part Required
- Faith Promoting Rumor
- False Priority Report
- Family Parent Rider (insurance)
- Family Procedure Rules (formerly Family Proceedings Rules; UK)
- Fast Packet Relay
- Federal Procurement Regulation
- Federally Prescribed Reserve
- Feet Per Revolution
- Fichier des Personnes Recherchées (French: Wanted Persons File)
- Field Performance Report (oil industry)
- Filter Performance Rating (air filters)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Extensive prospective studies have reported that for a 5 percent false positive rate, the detection rates of trisomy 21 are 85-90 percent for combined screening compared to 75 percent for ultrasound alone.
Critics of widespread or mandatory testing contend the real costs of screening -- and counseling -- civilians may be much higher, and that a low false positive rate alone should not determine public policy.
The high false positive rate means some antibody-free blood will be discarded, but not to the point where it will critically affect blood bank supplies, say the researchers.