Miller's study really makes us think about the impact of what we do with screening, given the high likelihood of false positives with multiple and repeated exams," she said.
What does F/P stand for?
F/P stands for False Positive
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of F/P
We have 72 other meanings of F/P in our Acronym Attic
- Find Out
- First Officer
- Flight Officer
- Forward Observer (artillery)
- Front Office
- Fuel to Oxidizer Ratio
- Full Option (automobiles)
- Free or Open Source Software
- Facing Pool (rooms/apartments)
- Fire/Poison (MapleStory)
- First Payment (finance)
- Fluorochrome to Protein (ratio)
- Future Given Present
- Federal/Provincial/Territorial (Canada)
- Facility/Process Monitor and Control System
- Financial/Program Management Review
- Fire Resistant (virtually fireproof classification)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Accounts identified as false positives can be added to the financial institution's database to reduce future false positives.
Manage false positives by using software that blocks suspect messages in a quarantined area while letting users set up lists of trusted sources.
Monitored threat data can also be correlated against attacks seen by existing IDS sensors deployed within the network to provide additional evidence collection and validation, reducing false positives by an order of magnitude or more, and allows a much more timely response when a real attack happens.
In fact, it has been long sought to try and identify the causes of false positive results, and only a few have really been documented to consistently interfere (e.
False positive result of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex DNA probe hybridization with a Mycobacterium terrae isolate [letter].
detection predecessors, honesty tests generate mainly two types of errors: false positives and false negatives.