A false negative often means that a serious crime has been committed.
What does FN stand for?
FN stands for False Negative
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FN
We have 19 other meanings of FN in our Acronym Attic
- Flying Mission Zambia (religious mission)
- Forest Management Zoning (forest sustainability; Australia)
- Fuel Maximizer (vehicles)
- Fuel Modification Zone (fire protection)
- First Mount Zion Baptist Church (Dumfries, VA)
- Fabrique National (arms maker and its rifles)
- Fabrique Nationale de Herstal (Belgian firearms manufacturer)
- Factory New
- Faith Networks
- Fakultetsnämnden (Swedish: Faculty Board)
Samples in periodicals archive:
An unknown component in the diluting solution that is used to test blood and serum samples may produce "not confirmed" results for samples that are found to be positive with the initial test, resulting in false negatives.
One of the headaches caused by spam-fighting programs is false negatives that fail to block spare and false positives, where the software labels a legitimate e-mail as advertising.
Exercising Caution and the Precautionary Principle The concern expressed by advocates of the precautionary principle is about the failure to detect a problem, the chance of allowing a false negative (a type II error).
The false negatives and the vague presentation together were associated with a high score for infiltrating margins at histologic review.
The R2 ImageChecker system was originally approved by the FDA in 1998 for use with film-based screening mammography to assist radiologists in minimizing false negative readings.
Also, the test sometimes yields false positives or false negatives.