Byline: PHINA ORUCHE FEAR - False Evidence Appearing Real - is an accurate acronym for our times.
What does FEAR stand for?
FEAR stands for False Evidence Appearing Real
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of FEAR
We have 26 other meanings of FEAR in our Acronym Attic
- Federation of the European Associations of Paediatric Anaesthesia
- Federal Enterprise Architecture Program Management Office (US government)
- Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works (now defunct)
- Face Everything And Recover
- Face Everything and Rejoice
- Face Everything and Respond
- Face Everything and Rise
- Fail Early and Responsibly (Robert Kiyosak methodology)
- Failure Expected and Received
- False Emotions Appearing Real
- False Expectations About Reality
- False Expectations Appearing Real
- False Experiences Appearing Real
- Far East Adventure Racers (Hong Kong)
- Fear Expressed Allows Relief (Alcoholics Anoymous chat slang)
- Federal Employee Antidiscrimination and Retaliation Act of 2002
- Feeling Excited and Ready
- Feelings Every Alcoholic Rejects (Alcoholics Anonymous chat slang)
- Felines Enraged About Rodents (book - Ragweed)
- Few Ever Arrive Rejoicing (Alcoholics Anonymous chat slang)
Samples in periodicals archive:
R, he explains stands for False Evidence Appearing Real.
Fear is false evidence appearing real, so instead of focusing on life's 'what ifs' focus on what you do want rather than what you don't want - this will put you back in control," says hypnotherapist Kate Davies.