In recent years, the use of fair value in measuring balance-sheet items has been very controversial.
What does FV stand for?
FV stands for Fair Value
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FV
We have 20 other meanings of FV in our Acronym Attic
- Fed Up with Acronyms
- Functiewaarderingssysteem (Dutch)
- Fire Use Working Team (Charleston, SC; National Wildfire Coordinating Group)
- Forum Use while Under the Influence (Internet slang)
- Freedom Under X-Ray (band)
- Fired Up Youth Ministries (Ontario, Canada; Christian organization)
- Federación Uruguaya de Yachting a Vela
- IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems
- Face Value
Samples in periodicals archive:
201 1-04, fair Value Measurement (Topic 820); Amendments to intendments to Achieve Common Fair value Measurement and Disclosure Requirements in US.
Given the nuances inherent in PE, there can be significant challenges in determining the fair value of underlying portfolio company investments.
As my colleagues at the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) will agree, fair value accounting poses many challenges and has sparked significant industry debate.
The improved version of IAS 39 contains a fair-value option, which allows reporting entities to designate from day one whether they want to measure under fair value their financial assets or liabilities," said Nagari.