A spokeswoman for Northumberland Council said: "Since the introduction of the Government's Fair Access to Care Services, Northumberland has offered support to those assessed as meeting the critical band.
What does FACS stand for?
FACS stands for Fair Access to Care Services (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FACS
We have 132 other meanings of FACS in our Acronym Attic
- Florida Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- Federal Advisory Council on Regional Economic Development
- Fellow of the American College of Radiation Oncology
- Florida Association of Community Relations Professionals
- Fellowship of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine
- Department of Family and Community Services (Australia)
- Facial Action Coding System
- Facilities Assignment and Control System (telecom)
- Facility Access Control System (Telecom)
- Facs Aids Cost Supervision (cost software hosted on sourceforge, under free software license GPL)
- Family & Community Services (various organizations)
- Family and Children's Services (US)
- Family And Consumer Sciences
- Fast Access to Critical Solutions
- Feature/Attribute Coding Standard
- Fédération des Amis des Chemins de Fer Secondaires (French railway association; est. 1957)
- Federation of Asian Chemical Societies
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, Australian Computer Society
- Fetal Anti-Convulsant Syndrome
Samples in periodicals archive:
Currently in Calderdale every adult with disabilities or special needs who needs social care has the same right as part of their Fair Access to Care Services (FACS).
The policy -which is contingent on Labour winning the next election -would be introduced in October 2010, and apply to pensioners in England with critical care needs, under the Fair Access to Care Services eligibility system.