It measured whether, and to what extent, women using the condoms had decreasing failure rates over time.
What does FR stand for?
FR stands for Failure Rate
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FR
We have 69 other meanings of FR in our Acronym Attic
- Fédération Québécoise de Taekwon-Do International (Canadian martial arts federation; Quebec, Canada)
- Fetal Hemoglobin Quantitative Trait Locus
- Fully Qualified Telephone Number
- Fondation Québécoise pour le Trouble Obsessionnel-Compulsif (French: Quebec Foundation for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder; Quebec, Canada)
- Fédération Québécoise d'Ultimate (Canadian frisbee association; Quebec, Canada)
- Fully Qualified User Name
- First Quadrant Voucher (Philippines)
- Face Right
- Fähnrich (German)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A study in the May 24 June New England Journal of Medicine compared the contraceptive failure rate among about 7,500 women using long-acting, reversible contraceptives and other methods.
There were 108 failures or recurrences in the surgical group, for an overall surgical failure rate of 3.
SquareTrade, a third party warranty provider that carried out this analysis did so by examining failure rate data from its customers.
Further breakdown of the numbers showed that among the women with a BMI of 25 (within the normal range), a 10-centimeter higher waist measurement was associated with a 15 percent higher heart failure rate; women with a BMI of 30 had an 18 percent increased heart failure rate.
INTRODUCTION The failure rate is historically modelled (Crowe & Feinberg, 2001; Moubray, 1997; Andrews & Moss, 1993) using the traditional bathtub curve shown in Figure 1.
This is done for a general system configuration with either inactive or active redundant components that operate under various failure rate scenarios--144 in all--that don't appear to have been considered explicitly elsewhere.