The Failure Assessment Diagram (FAD) described in API 579-2007 is used in modern fracture mechanics.
What does FAD stand for?
FAD stands for Failure Assessment Diagram
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FAD
We have 170 other meanings of FAD in our Acronym Attic
- Fuel Asymmetry Control Unit (F-15)
- Florida Association of Computer User Groups, Inc.
- Fayetteville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (North Carolina)
- Florida Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus
- Fellow of the Australian College of Veterinary Scientists
- Familial Amyotrophic Chorea with Acanthocytosis
- Forward Airspace Coordination Zone
- Factory Authorized Dealer
- Faculty and Academic Development (various locations)
- Familial Alzheimer's Disease
- FASCAL Absolute Detector
- Feasible Arrival Date
- Feature Analysis and Design (high level design document)
- Feature Architecture Design (software architecture document)
- Field Activities Division
- Field Activity Designator
- Field Ammunition Depot (various locations)
- Field Assistance Division
- Field Authorization Document
Samples in periodicals archive:
The correct method to assess the significance of this defect in relation to the immediate integrity of the pipeline is to utilize a fracture-mechanics-based Failure Assessment Diagram method presented in recommended practice API 579-2000 (API 2000, PDAM 2003).