[CDATA[ Israel receives failing grade by two different media monitoring groups, one of which demoted Israel for standard wartime limits on the press.
What does E stand for?
E stands for Failing Grade (used instead of or in addition to F)
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of E
- Exa- (10^18, SI Prefix)
- Excellence (Navy award given to ships or units for top performance)
- Exchequer (UK)
- Expectation (mathematics; probability theory)
- Explorer (Microsoft)
- Exposure Level
- Extra (as in extra fine)
- Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, Virginia (designates original point of circulation of a dollar bill)
- Glutamate (amino acid)
- Have Directed Traffic (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- London East (postcode, United Kingdom)
- New Brunswick (Canada Post designation)
- Special Delivery (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Special Electronic Installation (US Military aerospace mission designation)
- Tocopherol Acetate (vitamin)
- Total probable error
- Undenominated United States Stamp (25 cents, introduced 3 Apr 1988)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the case of the OSP, parents of children in schools that received failing grades in two out of four years were entitled to receive public funds to pay tuition at a private school.
Emergency care provided in 80% of the states earned mediocre or near failing grades according to the first-ever National Report Card on the State of Emergency Medicine, conducted by the American College of Emergency Physicians.
According to The Washington Post, the Department of Homeland Security led a list of seven agencies that received failing grades for their cybersecurity efforts in 2004, with the federal government earning an overall grade of "D+" from the congressional oversight committee.
3 percent of the questions correct, earning a failing grade.