If pressure in the control line is lost, such as during an emergency shutdown or if the line is cut, the valve will close and revert to its fail-safe closed position, stopping flow from the well.
What does FSC stand for?
FSC stands for Fail-Safe Closed
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FSC
We have 447 other meanings of FSC in our Acronym Attic
- Full Strength Butt Weld (welding)
- Brothers of the Christian Schools, Christian Brothers (religious order)
- Facility Security Clearance
- Facility Security Code
- Facility Support Centre
- Facility Support Contract (US Marine Corps)
- Factory Service Center (various companies)
- Faculty of Science (various universities)
- Fail Safe Circuit
- Fail Safe Control (Honeywell)