The findings represent the latest in the team's series of groundbreaking discoveries begun in 2010 regarding the genetic causes of facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy, or FSHD.
What does FMD stand for?
FMD stands for Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FMD
We have 111 other meanings of FMD in our Acronym Attic
- Federación Mundial de Ciudades Unidas (Spanish: World Federation of United Cities)
- Force Mobile Command Unit
- Formation Médicale Continue Universitaire (French: Continuing Medical Education University)
- Fort McPherson Credit Union (East Point, GA)
- Federación de Motociclismo de la Comunidad Valenciana (Spanish: Motorcycling Federation of Valencia; Valencia, Spain)
- Fully Maintained Company Vehicle (Australia, used in job ads)
- Fargo-Moorhead Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Frequency-Modulated Continuous Wave
- Facilities Management Design, Ltd. (UK)
- Facilities Management Division
- Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry (various schools)
- Failure Mode Data
- Falsified Medicines Directive (EU)
- Farm Management Deposits (Australia)
- Fault Manager Diagnostic
- Ferme Marine de Douhet (French fish hatchery)
- Ferry Movement Directive
- Fibromuscular Dysplasia (arterial disease)
- Field Monitoring Device (electronic home arrest equipment)
- Financial Management and Development (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy affects slightly more men than women and those with milder forms may not have symptoms until middle age.
Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy, or FSHD, is the world's third most common type of muscular dystrophy.