When arborists inspected the fallen tree, they discovered something amazing: In a poignant reflection of Anne's own story, a small shoot was growing from the tree's splintered trunk, continuing life in the face of destruction.
What does FOD stand for?
FOD stands for Face of Destruction (gaming clan)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of FOD
We have 97 other meanings of FOD in our Acronym Attic
- Find, Organize, Clarify, Understand, Select, Plan, Do, Check, Act (healthcare)
- Flipped Optical Chip Ultra-Thin Silicon-on-Sapphire (IEEE)
- Florida Office of Collegiate Volunteerism
- Fractional Open-Circuit Voltage (electrical engineering)
- Fuel Oil Closing Valve
- Friends of Chopwell Wood (Tyne & Wear, England, UK)
- Friends of Colliers Wood (UK)
- Flag Officer Commanding West Africa (US Navy)
- Flag Officer Commanding Western Fleet (India)
- Festival Original Cantado y Único (Mexican TV show)
- Faces of Death (gaming clan; movie; band)
- Facilitator on Duty
- Facilities Operations and Development (Columbus, Ohio, USA)
- Failover Device (smart network card which can bypass the traffic if the server failed)
- Fatty Oxidation Disorder
- Favorites on Demand (digital entertainment)
- Fax on Demand
- Fear of Death
- Features on Demand (software)
- Federale Overheidsdienst (Belgium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The musuem's rebuilding mantra, "George Ohr Rising," recalls an earlier display of determination in the face of destruction.
The main culprits, according to Thabit, were the real estate companies and banks, plus local governments which in the face of destruction and human despair were guilty at best of inaction, at worst of collaboration.