Any speech act may be considered as Face Threatening Act (Brown, Levinson 1987: 193), the concept "face" being understood as the interlocutor's image, his territory in a wide sense that includes not only the interlocutor's private space, her / his time and cover (body, clothes) but also her / his cognitive space.
What does FTA stand for?
FTA stands for Face Threatening Act (politeness theory)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FTA
We have 271 other meanings of FTA in our Acronym Attic
- Flight, Test, Telemetry, and Termination (defense system)
- Free Triiodothyronine
- Cubic Feet per Second
- Fraction of Thyroxine
- Free Thyroxin Index
- Free Thyroxine Fraction
- Free-Thyroxin Concentration
- Free T4 (Thyroxine) by Equilibrium Dialysis
- Free plasma thyroxine index
- Feed the Five Thousand
Samples in periodicals archive:
Thus, there are different strategies to handle face threatening acts.