This testimony provides preliminary observations on (1) challenges FEMA faces in measuring the performance of Citizen Corps, its partner programs, and the Ready Campaign and (2) actions FEMA has taken to develop a strategy to encompass how Citizen Corps, its partner programs, and the Ready Campaign operate within the context of the NPS.
What does FLIS stand for?
FLIS stands for FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) Levee Inventory System (database)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FLIS
We have 7 other meanings of FLIS in our Acronym Attic
- Frequently Listening Receiver Slave
- Fast Ladies Into Riding Together (motorcycle riding club)
- Fast Light Innovative Regional Train (transportation)
- Fast Linear Intermediate Range Transmission Loss Model
- Feinberg Library Internet Resource Tracker
- Flinker Leichter Innovativer Regional-Triebzug (German train)
- Forward Looking Infrared Tracking
- Free Living Intense Recreation Troupe (Oklahoma)
- Formalism, Logic, Institution-Relating, Translating, and Structuring
- Federal Logistics Information System
- Fiberized Link Interface Shelf (Nortel)
- Florida Lumber Inspection Service
- Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Systems (engineering and computing term)
- Fuzzy Logic Inference System
- Fluorescently Labeled Inhibitors of Serine Proteases
- Fault Location, Isolation and Service Restoration (utility service restoration software)
- Foreign Language and International Trade
- French Literature in Translation (various universities)
- Frequency Line Integration & Tracking
- Fluorescein Isothiocyanate
Samples in periodicals archive:
FEMA last week boldly went before a federal judge asking for immunity from lawsuits by Gulf Coast hurricane victims who claim they were exposed to toxic fumes while living in government-issued trailers.
Contrasting last year's convoluted effort with how the agencies have agreed to work together this year, Lippert first displayed a virtual "spaghetti" of lines and boxes depicting last year's DLA's approval chain for FEMA support.
This earned a rebuke from FEMA spokesperson Mary Hudak, who chastised the rescue workers for being excessively concerned about innocent Americans and insufficiently devoted to federal image maintenance.
In the wake of the hurricane, FEMA persisted in promoting a scandal-wracked charity associated with TV preacher Pat Robertson In doing so, the agency did a great disservice to the American people.
The company's FEMA Web service and data tools deliver instant access to disaster-verification data for more informed lending or loan purchasing decisions.
20472 August 4, 2003 MEMORANDUM FOR: All FEMA Employees FROM: Michael Brown Under Secretary Emergency Preparedness and Response SUBJECT: Retaining the FEMA name It is great pride that I announce today that we will be retaining the name Federal Emergency Management Agency and the acronym FEMA to identify us within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Another FEMA official pointed out to me that even the attack on the World Trade Center has parallels with other incidents involving aircraft crashing into buildings, albeit accidentally, including high-rise apartment houses and, during the 1940s, New York's Empire State Building.