What are the requirements for the eye wash station per OPNAVINST 5100.
What does EWS stand for?
EWS stands for Eye Wash Station
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EWS
We have 111 other meanings of EWS in our Acronym Attic
- Ewing's Sarcoma
- Exchange Web Services (Microsoft)
- Executive Wine Seminars, Inc (New York, NY)
- Executive Work Station
- Executive World Services, Inc. (Braselton, GA)
- Expeditionary Warfare School (US Marine Corps)
- Extended Warranty Service (product performance)
- Extended Workplace Service (Sprint)
- Extended Workplace Solutions
- Extreme Wide Shot (video photography)
- Eyes Wide Shut (Stanley Kubrick movie)
- Enterprise-Wide Scheduling & Registration (military mealthcare system)
- Enterprise-Wide Scheduling and Registration (system)
- Europäischer Wirtschafts- und Sozialausschuss
- European Workshop on Software Architectures
- Emergency Wartime Supplemental Appropriations Act
- East Winds Symphonic Band (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Electroweak Symmetry Breaking (theoretical particle physics)
- Elite War Shark Battalion
- Eternal Words Spelling Bee (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
After struggling to close the sump drain, the PO3 quickly escorted the injured airman to the nearest eye wash station.
TSgt Doggett also identified the need to assign building custodians for the unit's three new tents and assisted in bringing the squadron facilities into compliance by procuring smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, and eye wash stations and conducting clamshell door operation training.
Safety Checklist The top school science facility must-haves, according to safety experts, are: * Adequate square footage per occupant (includes students and teachers) * Separate HVAC system for lab facilities, with adequate air changes per hour * At least two exits * One sink per four students * Fire blankets * Fire sprinklers * Chemical showers * Hot and cold water * Eye wash stations with 15 minutes of tepid--not cold--water available * Communication system, i.
An eye wash station is also needed when chlorine is handled by employees.
The following is updated information on various signs and labels: Hazardous Chemical Warning Label (4" x 7") NSN 0108LF9813800 Hazardous Chemical Warning Label (8 1/2" x 11") NSN 0108LF9812600 PKP Fire Extinguisher Record Card NSN 0116LF9826100 Eye Wash Station NSN 9905013454521 Safety Check Tag NSN 0116LF9854300 Laundry Dryer/Fire Warning Operating Instructions & Safety Precautions NSN 0118LF9816600 Laundry Equipment Operating Instructions (8-1/8" X 7-11/16" -Placard) NSN 0118LF1135600 Hazardous Noise Warning Decal (8" x 10") NSN0105LF0047200 Hazardous Noise Warning Decal (Wear Double 2" x 2") NSN 0105LF0047800 CO2/AFFF/Halon Extinguisher & System Record NSN 0116LF1143100 Stroboscopes Tag NSN 0116LF0007700
He noticed that eye wash stations in his shop did not have signs posted per AFOSH STD 91-32.