In this the second part of their series--the first published by OT on April 8--they describe the importance of eye contact and gaze [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] IN OUR research we video-record optometry consultations in order to observe and analyse the communication that occurs between optometrists and patients.
What does EC stand for?
EC stands for Eye Contact
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of EC
We have 125 other meanings of EC in our Acronym Attic
- Extended Control
- Extended Coverage (fire sprinklers)
- Extended Coverage (property insurance covering riot, hail, smoke, explosion, wind, aircraft, vehicle, etc.)
- External Carrier
- Externally Connected (spatial reasoning)
- Extra Credit
- Extra Curricular
- Eye Candy
- Jugendverband Entschieden für Christus (Kassel, Germany)
- London Eastern Central (postcode, United Kingdom)
- Environmental Control Labs
- Electromagnetic Cover and Deception
- Environmental Compliance and Health and Safety
- Energy, Chemicals and Utilities (Booz & Company)
- Extended Complex Blind Adaptive Interference Detector
- Extended Complex Blind-Anchored Interference-Mitigating Detector
- European Community Business and Innovation Centres
- Electron Capture-Gas Chromatograph
Samples in periodicals archive:
So while eye contact is important, avoid the getting into a staring contest.
Eye contact is another area in which cultural differences play out.
Eye contact ``For an actor, making eye contact on a particular word or phrase, or looking away on a particular word or phrase can add weight and intensity to what is being said.
Eye Contact: Confident speakers who develop proper eye contact will communicate more efficiently by making each audience member believe the speaker is speaking directly to them.
But don't let eye contact linger--that can be provocative.