Established by Action for Blind People (Action), the initiative comes after recent research which reported that 90% of visually impaired people questioned said that they would have benefited from information from an Eye Clinic Liaison Officer (ECLO) before being diagnosed with sight loss.
What does ECLO stand for?
ECLO stands for Eye Clinic Liaison Officer (ophthalmology)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ECLO
We have 5 other meanings of ECLO in our Acronym Attic
- European Civil Liberties Network
- European Constitutional Law Network
- Experts-Comptables du Lauragais Nailloux (French accounting firm)
- Echinocystis Lobata (wild cucumber)
- Embargo Control Liaison Officer
- Emergency Center for Locust Operations
- Emitter-Coupled Logic Operator
- Entreprise Coopérative Linguistique de l'Outaouais (French: Cooperative Company of Ottawa Linguistics; Canada)
- Ethnic Community Liaison Officer (Australia)
- European Consortium for the Learning Organisation (Wavre, Belgium)
- Ecumenical Church Loan Fund
- Enrichir les Compétences dans le Logement Social en Rhône-Alpes (French social housing association)
- Essais Cliniques en Lorraine (French: Clinical Trials in Lorraine; Lorraine, France)
- Edinburgh City Local Plan (UK)
- English Clays Lovering Pochin (UK)
- English Cultural Literacy Project (Hong Kong)
- Environment, Capital Lands and Parks (Canada)
- Experienced Commercial Leadership Program (General Electric)
- Extra-Corporeal Liver Perfusion
- Établissement Central Logistique de la Police Nationale (French: Central Logistics Establishment of the National Police)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Chi Onwurah visited the Eye Clinic Liaison Officer (ECLO) at Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary.
The events will also feature a free old-for-new slipper exchange scheme (while stocks last), free blood pressure tests and advice from professionals including an Eye Clinic Liaison Officer, Falls Practitioner Nurse, Sight Kirklees Independent Enabling Services (SKIES), Age UK, Carers Count, and the Kirklees Visual ImpairV -ment Network.
Three events will be held by Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust, Kirklees Transcription Service and Action for Blind People Kirklees' Eye Clinic Liaison Officers.
Wales has become the first part of the UK to develop a comprehensive network of eye clinic liaison officers (ECLO) to cover the whole of the nation.
As well as providing an LVL, an optometrist may also wish to refer patients to the Hospital Eye Service (HES) for them to be seen by an ophthalmologist, an eye clinic liaison officer (ECLO) or to access low vision services not available elsewhere in that area.
The women's campaign's aims include better leisure services, including special swimming sessions, for blind and visually impaired people, and for an eye clinic liaison officer tobe based at Huddersfield Royal Infirmary to help people after they have been registered as blind.
Charitable funds from a number of organisations have made the new service possible, which includes four eye clinic liaison officers, two nurse counsellors and a Certificate of Visual Impairment team (pictured).