The SmartTrack[TM] system, which uses proprietary electromagnetic and Extremely Low Frequency (ELF) signaling technology, made it possible to track the SmartPlug tool as it traveled along the pigging route, and to monitor pressure throughout the entire operation.
What does ELF stand for?
ELF stands for Extremely Low Frequency (3-30 Hz; 100,000-10,000 km)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ELF
We have 184 other meanings of ELF in our Acronym Attic
- Executable and Linking Format (computer data format)
- Executive Leadership Foundation (various organizations)
- Explicit Link Failure
- Explosive-Actuated Light Filter
- Extended Layer File (WinImages image processing software)
- Extensible and Linking Format
- Extension Language Facility
- External Financing Limit (UK)
- Extraterrestrial Life Form
- Extremely Low Flow
- Eye-safe Laser Filter
- Eyes Lips Face (cosmetics company)
- Eritrean Liberation Front Central Command
- Extremely Low Frequency Electric and Magnetic Fields
- Eritrean Liberation Front - Revolution Council (opposition group)
- Elevator Load Feel/Flap Limiter
- Econo Lodge Franchisee Association
- Electron Linac for Acceleration
- English Language for Adults (education)
- Enzyme Linked Fluorescent Assay (biochemistry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The literature raises serious concerns regarding the levels of radio frequency (3 kilohertz to 300 gigaherts) or extremely low frequency (300 hertz) exposures produced by 'smart meters' to warrant an immediate and complete moratorium on their use and deployment until further study can be performed," the academy asserts.
They detected the extremely low frequency waves with the Communications/Navigation Outage Forecasting System (C/NOFS) satellite, which studies ionospheric conditions.
Motorcyclists worldwide are getting showered with cancer-controversial extremely low frequency electro-magnetic field (ELF EMF) radiation penetrating up through motorcycle seats.
Extremely low frequency (45-60 Hz) EMFs were associated with spontaneous abortion after exposure to electrically heated beds, ceiling cable electric heating (Wertheimer & Leeper, 1989), or VDT use (Goldhaber, Polen, & Hiatt, 1988).
Extremely low frequency electromagnetic field (ELF EMF) radiation passes through the seat penetrating into the rider's groin.
A pilot study has been conducted to investigate whether multiple electrophysiological activities could be altered when exposed to an extremely low frequency pulsed electromagnetic field (Cvetkovic et al.
Results of the environmental assessment at Concord released by NSW Health showed levels of exposure to ionising radiation, radiofrequency (RF) radiation, extremely low frequency (ELF) magnetic fields, and drinking water contaminants were all below allowable limits.