The budgetary funding switch away from tertiary healthcare towards primary healthcare has forced several innovations that have doubled Tygerberg Hospital's extremely low birth weight survival rate from the alarming national average of 40%--to almost 80%.
What does ELBW stand for?
ELBW stands for Extremely Low Birth Weight
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Extended Low Band Radome (ALQ-99)
- Environmental Lifecycle of Buildings Research Unit (now known as Centre for Sustainability of the Built Environment; UK)
- East London Budgerigar Society
- East London Business School (UK)
- Eleven Little Black Squares (Looney Labs product)
- Elite Legal Billing System (accounting)
- English Language Book Society
- Environmental and Land Based Science
- Everest Leadership Business School (Nigeria)
- European Lyssa Bat Virus (rabies virus)
- Extreme-Low-Birth-Weight Infants
- East London Black Women Organisation (London, UK)
- Elaborate Bytes (software company)
- E-Learning Credit (Department for Education and Skills; UK)
- Early Learning Centre (UK)
- Early Learning Coalition
- East Lothian Council (UK)
- Eastern Luzon College (Philippines)
- Easy Logistics Center (software)
- École des Langues et Cultures (French: School of Languages and Cultures)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The poorest pulmonary outcomes and higher resting blood pressure were for those born at extremely low birth weight.
Washington, Dec 02 (ANI): A new study by a Michigan State University economist found that most survivors of extremely low birth weight grow up to become productive adults.
Based on observations of more than 4,000 infants, researchers in an NIH newborn research network have identified several factors that influence an extremely low birth weight infant's chances for survival and disability.
The increase is seen most dramatically in extremely low birth weight babies (less than 750 grams or 1 lb.