According to Rob Burton, a lecturer at Southampton Solent University, where students may now study 'Extreme Sport Management', the steady rise of extreme sports has gone hand-in-glove with the corresponding growth of the internet, although it is increasingly becoming mainstream.
What does XS stand for?
XS stands for Extreme Sports
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of XS
We have 1 other meaning of XS in our Acronym Attic
- Xerox Corporation (stock symbol)
- Xforms, Rest and Xquery (web application)
- Xpand Rally Xtreme (computer gaming)
- Jerez De La Frontera, Spain - La Parra (Airport Code)
- Cross Section
- Extra Small
- extra strong
- Lutheran Suppressor, X-Linked
- Transmission Subsystem
- Xavier School (San Juan, Philippines)
- Xearosphere (online video game)
- Xenosaga (video game)
- Xiaolin Showdown (cartoon series)
- Access for All (ISP)
- Xerox Secure Access
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) Software Autoupdate
- XMM (X-Ray Multi-Mirror Observatory) Science Archive (astronomy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Anna Foster, of Metro Radio took to the North Sea for surfing lessons in preparation for the extreme sports that will be taking place at Beaconsfield, and Longsands Beach in Tynemouth.
While many enjoy football, basketball, volleyball, or softball; others enjoy participating in extreme sports such as mountain biking, rock-climbing, skydiving, bungee-jumping, and martial arts.
Media outlets such as television and movies now feature extreme sports on a regular basis; shows like Fear Factor, which features ordinary people participating in unusual sporting events, are popular.