He also has a reputation as an evangelist, specializing in SCRUM, eXtreme programming methodologies, is a certified SCRUM Master and Practitioner, as well as a recognised Test Methodologist.
What does XP stand for?
XP stands for Extreme Programming
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of XP
We have 6 other meanings of XP in our Acronym Attic
- Experian (credit reporting agency)
- Experience (Microsoft Windows XP)
- Experience Points
- Experimental Prototype
- Explosion Proof
- Extended Platform
- Extended Play
- Extended Stored Procedure (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Extra Performance (AMD Athlon XP+)
- Extreme Performance (AMD Athlon processor)
- Microsoft Windows XP (operating system)
- Plans and Programs (USAF)
- Symbol or monogram for Christ or Christianity (from X and P, the first two letters of the Greek word for Christ)
- Xanthogranulomatous Pyelonephritis
- Xeon Processor (Windows)
- Xeroderma Pigmentosum
- Ximoko Party (South Africa)
- Xtreme Paramilitary (gaming clan)
- Xtreme Prejudice (gaming clan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
758 The third edition of this textbook on the principles of software engineering has been expanded to include updated information on innovations in architecture, component-based engineering and lightweight agile development such as Extreme Programming (XP).
QuickUML is an intuitive UML tool, well suited to agile development methods or extreme programming.
NET : Introducing eXtreme Programming Techniques To .
For example, I think that ultimately, Extreme Programming has mushroomed in use and interest, not because of pair-programming or refactoring, but because, taken as a whole, the practices define a developer community freed from the baggage of Dilbertesque corporations.
In this article, we'll discuss how Extreme Programming (XP)--a software development methodology that evolved from processes created by developers of the object-oriented programming language Smalltalk in the mid-1980s--can now be used to effectively solve many of the major issues that lead to project complications.