The suit states at various points that the articles subjected the woman to humiliation, shame, scorn, emotional injury, embarrassment, loss of standing in the community, loss of self-esteem, public disgrace, severe and extreme emotional distress and "ridicule throughout the world.
What does EED stand for?
EED stands for Extreme Emotional Distress
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EED
We have 80 other meanings of EED in our Acronym Attic
- Estrée-Environnement et Développement (French environmental development association)
- Études Engineering Développement (French: Engineering Development Studies; Cameroon)
- European Endowment for Democracy
- Evangelischer Entwicklungsdienst
- Evasion-English Dictionary (book by Maggie Balistreri)
- Excessively-Evolved Digit
- Exelon Energy Delivery (Exelon Corporation)
- Experimentation Execution Directorate
- Exposure Evaluation Division
- Extended Entity Data
- Extreme Emotional Disturbance
- Edge Expansion Diagram with Breadth-First Search Ordering
- East End Disability Associates, Inc. (New York)
- East Essex District Association (UK)
- East of England Development Agency (UK)
- Edmond Economic Development Authority (Edmond, OK)
- Education and Economic Development Act (est. 2005; South Carolina)
- Electronic Equipment Design Assurance (engineering)
- Elliniki Etaireia Diahirisis Aeragogou (Hellenic Airway Management Society)
- Emerging and Exotic Diseases of Animals (online training course)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The lawsuit seeks compensation for treatment of injuries she suffered in the assault and the car crash, as well as for past and future treatment of her extreme emotional distress, long-term emotional trauma and "permanent" post- traumatic stress.
ISLAMABAD, July 15, 2010 (Balochistan Times): A sudden surge of physical activity or a bout of extreme emotional distress can precipitate a heart attack in people who are at risk.
Self-harm is a sign of extreme emotional distress and the issue has recently been highlighted in the Channel 4 TV series Hollyoaks where teenager Lisa Hunter mutilated her arms with scissors after a family trauma.
A japanese businessman ordered to stay away from pop idol Britney Spears has sued the singer, saying her guards pointed a gun at him and causing him extreme emotional distress.