Melbourne, July 14 (ANI): There is 1 in 10 million chance of successfully eavesdropping on the daily radio traffic of extraterrestrial life forms, calculated a pair of UK scientists.
What does ELF stand for?
ELF stands for Extraterrestrial Life Form
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ELF
We have 184 other meanings of ELF in our Acronym Attic
- Evolutionary Learning of Fuzzy Rules (system)
- Exchange of Large Files (computing)
- Executable and Linking Format (computer data format)
- Executive Leadership Foundation (various organizations)
- Explicit Link Failure
- Explosive-Actuated Light Filter
- Extended Layer File (WinImages image processing software)
- Extensible and Linking Format
- Extension Language Facility
- External Financing Limit (UK)
- Extremely Low Flow
- Extremely Low Frequency (3-30 Hz; 100,000-10,000 km)
- Eye-safe Laser Filter
- Eyes Lips Face (cosmetics company)
- Eritrean Liberation Front Central Command
- Extremely Low Frequency Electric and Magnetic Fields
- Eritrean Liberation Front - Revolution Council (opposition group)
- Elevator Load Feel/Flap Limiter
- Econo Lodge Franchisee Association
- Electron Linac for Acceleration
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some scientists think that if extraterrestrial life forms exist--living, for example, beneath the presumed ice-covered ocean of Europa, one of Jupiter's moons--they may resemble earthly organisms thriving on chemicals emanating from seafloor cold seeps.
Please consider this hypothesis: Within the next millennium, extraterrestrial life forms considering themselves far superior to humans discover our planet and easily put us at their disposal, including use in experiments.
We thought that was a good enough excuse to go to the Welsh capital where the series and it's parent programme, Doctor Who, are filmed to find out whether or not there are any extraterrestrial life forms there.
Giving details of the MoD's policy on UFOs, the Director of Air Staff, said in a lengthy response to a Freedom of Information request: "The Ministry of Defence does not have any expertise or role in respect of 'UFO/ flying saucer' matters or to the question of the existence or otherwise of extraterrestrial life forms, about which it remains totally open-minded.
Their purpose: to listen for possible signals produced by extraterrestrial life forms.