In this study, treatment was associated with a higher incidence of akathisia and extrapyramidal symptoms, but it was not associated with a mean increase in weight or metabolic parameters or with prolactin increase or QTc prolongation, she noted.
What does EPS stand for?
EPS stands for Extrapyramidal Symptoms
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EPS
We have 523 other meanings of EPS in our Acronym Attic
- Export Promotion Services
- Express Parcel Service (various locations)
- Expressed Prostatic Secretions
- Extended Postscript (file type)
- Extended Protocol Specification
- External Power Source
- External Power Supply
- Extracellular Polymeric Substance
- Extracellular Polysaccharides
- Extraction Point Set
- Extrapyramidal Syndrome
- Eye Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (Ontario, Canada)
- Environmental Protection Safety and Emergency Preparedness
- Equivalent Phase-Shifted Fiber Bragg Grating (electrical engineering)
- EGF (Epidermal Growth Factor) Receptor Pathway Substrate Clone #15
- E-Pembelajaran Sektor Awam (Malay: E-Learning Public Sector)
- Early Page Space Allocation (AIX, IBM)
- Electric Power Supply Association
- Elektronik & Präzisionsbau Saalfeld GmbH (German electronics manufacturer)
- Enhanced Pre-boot System Assessment (Dell computers diagnostic tool)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This pilot investigation follows the drug safety communication from the Food and Drug Administration in February 2011 in which health care providers were notified that the pregnancy section of the medication label for the entire antipsychotic drug class was being changed to reflect the potential risks for extrapyramidal symptoms (EPS) or withdrawal symptoms noted in newborns whose mothers had been treated with these drugs during the third trimester of pregnancy.
29, 2008, identified 69 cases of neonatal extrapyramidal symptoms (EPS) or withdrawal associated with different antipsychotics, with symptoms that varied in severity.
Children and adolescents, compared with adults, are at increased risk for acute and intermediate adverse effects of psychotropic medications, including sedation, extrapyramidal symptoms (except for akathisia), withdrawal dyskinesia, prolactin-related adverse effects (especially in postpubertal females), weight gain, and dyslipidemia, as well as suicidal ideas and behaviors.
Special Considerations: Common adverse events in bipolar mania trials included somnolence and extrapyramidal symptoms, dizziness, and akathisia.
IM Geodon has the advantage of having "equal or better efficacy" than the shortacting antipsychotics used for decades in treating acute agitation in patients with a wide range of diagnoses, but it has far fewer side effects, particularly extrapyramidal symptoms, Dr.
sedation, falls, worsened behavior or disorientation/confusion, extrapyramidal symptoms (EPS) and tardive dyskinesia (TD)) on a monthly basis.