Explaining his ruling, Mr Justice Hedley said: "I have come to a clear decision that Baby I's Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation should be removed.
What does ECHMO stand for?
ECHMO stands for Extracorporeal Membrane oxygenation
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Eastern Connecticut Home Inspection Services (Willimantic, CT)
- European Core Health Interview Survey (European Health Survey System)
- European Climate and Hydrological Project on Interactions between Vegetation, Atmosphere and Land
- East Coast Hockey League
- Eastern Collegiate Hockey League (college hockey league)
- East Coast Hand Launch Glider Festival (Wilson, NC)
- Earls Colne Heritage Museum (UK)
- Enoyl-CoA (Coenzyme A) Hydratase, Mitochondrial
- European Committee for Hyperbaric Medicine
- Europe China Hotel Management Experts Council (Belgium)
- Eastern Connecticut Health Network
- Electronic Child Health Network
- European Club for the History of Neurology
- European Cultural Heritage Network
- Call sign for electronic warfare test range at China Lake
- Each Community Helps Others (EPA program)
- Early Childhood Higher-Education Options
- Earth Change Hazard Observatory (radar satellite proposed to NASA and CNES)
- Earth Observing System Clearinghouse
- Eastern Co-operative Health Organization
Samples in periodicals archive:
These cases required intensive care admission, mechanical ventilation, and even extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) treatment.
We read with interest the experience of venovenous extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) support for patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) reported by the Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society in several publications (1-3).
Acute respiratory distress syndrome developed, mechanical ventilation was required, and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation was required in a higher proportion of pregnant women than nonpregnant women.
Parents questioned the NHS Safe and Sustainable Steering Group, including concerns over travel, quality and continuity of Iwith meeting felt a care and the availability of life-saving extracorporeal membrane oxygenation machines at the new larger centres.
And to make sure even more young lives can be saved by the ECMO - which stands for Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation - Kiera's father Graham Wylie, the multi-millionaire businessman, is spending around pounds 80,000 on a brand new one for the Children's Heart Unit at Newcastle's Freeman Hospital.