They detail a new approach for oral, enteral, and/or parenteral nutrition, and discuss the connection between nutrition and outcome to reach recovery, including the best glucose control, individualized nutritional support, and avoidance of harmful interferences, and organ-targeted nutrition for the surgical/trauma patient, sepsis, the renal failure patient, ventilated patients with acute lung injury or acute respiratory distress syndrome, obesity, pancreatitis, the comorbid complex intensive care unit patient, and wound healing, as well as with extracorporeal life support.
What does ECLS stand for?
ECLS stands for Extracorporeal Life Support
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ECLS
We have 38 other meanings of ECLS in our Acronym Attic
- Executive Car Lease & Renting BV (Netherlands)
- Expected Classroom Learning Results (various locations)
- Electronic Clinical Laboratory Reporting System (New York State Department of Health)
- Early Childhood Longitudinal Studies
- Eau Claire Lutheran School (Eau Claire, Wisconsin)
- Environmental Control and Life Support
- Espace Conditionnement Logistique Service (French: Packaging Logistics Service Area)
- Étudiants contre le Sida (French: Students against AIDS)
- European Charter of Local Self-Government (Congress of the Council of Europe)
- European China Law Studies Association (EU)
- School of Education, Communication and Language Sciences (Newcastle University; Newcastle upon Tyne, England, UK)
- Early Childhood Longitudinal Study, Birth Cohort
- Early Childhood Longitudinal Study, Kindergarten-First Grade Waves
- European Charter of Local Self-Government
- European Contact Lens Society of Ophthalmologists
- Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park (Bahamas National Trust)
- Environmental Control and Life Support System
- Extended Campus Library Services Section (now Distance Learning Section)
- Eau Claire Leader-Telegram (newspaper)
- Eliminating Child Labour in Tobacco (Geneva, Switzerland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The portable support system thereby assumes the function of the heart and/or lungs with extracorporeal life support (ECLS), ensuring that the patient receives adequate oxygen and has a stable circulation during inter- and intra-hospital transport (up to six hours), Al Nooryani added.
SUMMARY We report three paediatric cases, and summarise the reported experience in two others, with cardiorespiratory failure requiring extracorporeal life support for which supportive pump flows could not be maintained due to abdominal compartment syndrome.