[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Biofilms are diverse communities of microorganisms bound together with extracellular polymeric substances, commonly called slime.
What does EPS stand for?
EPS stands for Extracellular Polymeric Substance
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EPS
We have 523 other meanings of EPS in our Acronym Attic
- Expandable Polystyrene
- Expanded Polystyrene (styrofoam)
- Experimental Psychology Society
- Export Promotion Services
- Express Parcel Service (various locations)
- Expressed Prostatic Secretions
- Extended Postscript (file type)
- Extended Protocol Specification
- External Power Source
- External Power Supply
- Extracellular Polysaccharides
- Extraction Point Set
- Extrapyramidal Symptoms
- Extrapyramidal Syndrome
- Eye Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (Ontario, Canada)
- Environmental Protection Safety and Emergency Preparedness
- Equivalent Phase-Shifted Fiber Bragg Grating (electrical engineering)
- EGF (Epidermal Growth Factor) Receptor Pathway Substrate Clone #15
- E-Pembelajaran Sektor Awam (Malay: E-Learning Public Sector)
- Early Page Space Allocation (AIX, IBM)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In most studies, it was shown that passive uptake, especially the complexation by extracellular polymeric substance is the dominant mechanism in metal removal (Brown, Lester 1982; Lawson et al.
Most biofilm volume is actually composed of this extracellular polymeric substance rather than cells, a fact that has been confirmed by ruthenium red staining and transmission electron microscopy (2).