Aside from vaporising extinction-level event size asteroids, the DE-STAR system has a number of other potential uses - even as a spaceship propulsion system, the researchers added.
What does ELV stand for?
ELV stands for Extinction-Level Event (widespread species loss)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ELV
We have 25 other meanings of ELV in our Acronym Attic
- École des Langues Vivantes (French: School of Modern Languages; Belgium)
- Electric Light Vehicle
- Electrical Low Voltage
- Elektronisches Lastschrift Verfahren (German method of payment)
- Emission Limit Value (environmental protection)
- End-of-Life Vehicles
- European Launch Vehicle (Italy)
- Europese Logistieke Vervoerders Coöperatie (Dutch: European Cooperative Logistics Carriers; various locations)
- Expendable Launch Vehicle
- Experimental Law Variation (Rugby)
- Extra Low Voltage
- Emergency Low Visibility Approach
- Expressed Luciferase Viability Assay (cells)
- East Leicestershire Villages Against Airspace (UK)
- Excimer Laser Vision Centre (Australia)
- East Las Vegas Community Development Corporation
- East of Lake Victoria Diocese (Evangelical Lutheran Church of Tanzania)
- eggplant latent viroid
- Emerald Lake Village District (est. 1979; Hillsboro, NH)
- End of Life Vehicle Directive (EU)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tell the class that an extinction-level event has just occurred, and wipe out (i.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] From climate change and nuclear winter to global pandemic and asteroid strikes, humankind has little trouble envisioning any number of catastrophes that could qualify as extinction-level events.