These include reducing contractions in a woman with tachysystole of the uterus due to pitocin or for intrauterine resuscitation, adjunct to external cephalic version, relaxing an inverted uterus or as an adjunct to managing inversion of the uterus, transporting a patient with contractions from one location to another, and rarely when delivering a second twin when the uterus needs to be relaxed.
What does ECV stand for?
ECV stands for External Cephalic Version
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ECV
We have 61 other meanings of ECV in our Acronym Attic
- Environmental Compliance Verification
- Équipe Cycliste Vélizy (French cycling team)
- Escudos Capverdien (French: Cape Verdean Escudos; monetary unit)
- Essais Cliniques et Validation (French: Clinical Trials and Validation)
- Essential Climate Variable
- Estimated Cash Value (stamp collecting)
- European Construction Ventures
- Expanded Capacity Vehicle
- Expected Commercial Value
- Extended Content Verification (computing)
- Extracellular Volume
- External Cephalic Version with Tocolysis (late pregnancy disorder)
- E Chart Visual Acuity (eyes)
- Electronic Campus of Virginia (cooperative initiative)
- Elko Convention and Visitors Authority (Elko, NV)
- End Cartoon Violence of America (advocacy)
- Episcopal Church and Visual Arts
- European College of Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia (Greece)
- European College of Veterinary Anaesthesiologists
- Energy Contract Volume Allocation Agent (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A spontaneous movement into the vertex position or a successful external cephalic version were considered successful conversions.
Michelle explained: "I found out in August she was breech and I was booked in for an External Cephalic Version on October 26.
Many of today's obstetricians seem to be much less apt than their forebears to attempt an external cephalic version (ECV, or turning around a breech presentation) in order to do a normal delivery.
MAIN OUTCOME VARIABLES: A successful conversion for the intervention group was scored when the baby spontaneously converted to the vertex position before delivery or successful external cephalic version.
I have also done some work around the procedure of external cephalic version to turn babies in the breech position.
MONTREAL -- Early external cephalic version increases the likelihood of cephalic presentation at birth, but does not result in fewer cesarean sections compared with later cephalic version, based on the results of an international, multicenter, randomized controlled trial.
The success rate of external cephalic version was 43% in the CSE group and 33% in the systemic analgesia group.