An even more stubborn version, resistant to more antibiotics, is called extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis and has been detected in 84 countries.
What does XDR-TB stand for?
XDR-TB stands for Extensively Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Extended Data Representation
- Extended Dynamic Range
- External Data Representation
- Extra Durable Rubber (shoes)
- Extreme Data Rate
- Extreme Drug Resistant
- Special Drawing Right (International Monetary Fund - ISO)
- XML Data Reduced
- XML Data Representation
- Extreme Drug Resistant Tuberculosis
- Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum
- Cross-enterprise Document Sharing
- Extended Data Service (television data transmission service)
- Extensible Data Security (Microsoft)
- X-Ray Spectrometer Detector System
- X/Open Directory Services
- Xerox Data Systems
- Xilinx Design Services (various locations)
- Xerox Document Supplies Europe (UK)
- eXtensible Data Source Interface
Samples in periodicals archive:
Interruptions in drug supplies have hindered treatment of multidrug-resistant and extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis in the U.
The most drug-resistant form of TB, extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis (XDR TB) (8) has been reported in 70 countries and comprises an increasing proportion of drug-resistant TB cases (1).
Early treatment outcomes and HIV status of patients with extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis in South Africa: a retrospective cohort study.
XDR-TB sponsor awareness campaign BD, in cooperation with TED (technology, entertainment, design)--a group that supports ideas by forward-thinking people--is engaged in a global-awareness campaign on extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis XDR-TB.
It also found that extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis (XDR-TB), a virtually untreatable form of the respiratory disease, has been recorded in 45 countries.