Administration of AAV9-SMN into one day-old SMA mice resulted in increased SMN protein levels in motor neurons, correction of synaptic function, and a significant extension of life span.
What does XOL stand for?
XOL stands for Extension of Life
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of XOL
We have 3 other meanings of XOL in our Acronym Attic
- Executive Officer Inquiry (US Navy)
- Anything Over Internet Protocol
- X-Originating-IP (email header)
- XML Object Interface Protocol
- X/Open Joint Internationalization Group
- Oakville, Ontario, Canada - Oakville / via Rail Service (Airport Code)
- Xpressions of Kolor (dancing; State University of New York)
- Diskless X Office Linux
- Excess of Loss (insurance)
- Extensible Out-Of-Band Language
- Object Language Editor (file extension)
- Ontology Exchange Language
- Xavex Online (Deutsche Bank Derivate Products Trading System)
- XML Based Ontology Language
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (stock symbol)
- OSI-Abstract-Data Manipulation API
- X/Open Object Management
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) Object Model (application programming interface; Java)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Perjeta has the potential to bring a significant, precious extension of life to around 2000 women with advanced breast cancer each year.
It appears that as men delay reproduction, they will pass on longer telomeres to offspring, which may facilitate extension of life span and allow reproducing at older ages.
While unhesitatingly endorsing biomedicine for its "management of symptoms, the extension of life and the management of critical incidents" Barcan gives a compelling account of the basis of CAM's appeal to its best-identified categories of clientele: no longer confined to the counter-cultural minority but "empowered, savvy selectors of system-beating alternatives.
For the study population as a whole, each month of antihypertensive therapy was associated with a 1-day extension of life expectancy free from cardiovascular death, the researchers said (JAMA 2011;306:2588-93).
The study, which is the first to associate an extension of life span with consumption of apples, adds evidence to the benefits revealed in other investigations, including a study that found a decrease in heart disease risk in women who consumed the fruit.
One of the ways Emrill bring value is the extension of life of assets through regular maintenance.