Extended warranty services by resQ offer free repairs and free preventive maintenance during the plan period.
What does EWS stand for?
EWS stands for Extended Warranty Service (product performance)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of EWS
We have 111 other meanings of EWS in our Acronym Attic
- Ethernet Wire Service
- Ethernet Workgroup Switch
- Eudora Welty Society (writing; est. 1987)
- European Webservice
- Ewing's Sarcoma
- Exchange Web Services (Microsoft)
- Executive Wine Seminars, Inc (New York, NY)
- Executive Work Station
- Executive World Services, Inc. (Braselton, GA)
- Expeditionary Warfare School (US Marine Corps)
- Extended Workplace Service (Sprint)
- Extended Workplace Solutions
- Extreme Wide Shot (video photography)
- Eye Wash Station
- Eyes Wide Shut (Stanley Kubrick movie)
- Enterprise-Wide Scheduling & Registration (military mealthcare system)
- Enterprise-Wide Scheduling and Registration (system)
- Europäischer Wirtschafts- und Sozialausschuss
- European Workshop on Software Architectures
- Emergency Wartime Supplemental Appropriations Act
Samples in periodicals archive:
While impressive, the revenue growth experienced by Mindray's various product segments was modest at best when compared with the monies generated by extended warranty services and shipping and handling fees charged to customers.
Byline: Martin Luttrell Vitaly Rozenman thought he was doing the prudent thing when he paid $1,800 for an extended warranty service contract for his Jeep Grand Cherokee.
The other theft charges accuse the dealership of taking money from customers who wanted to buy extended warranty service contracts and then diverting that money for other purposes, said Oregon State Police Detective Dan Wolverton.
CompUSA is considering taking over extended warranty service repair calls, which were formerly handled by a third party.
Specific questions in this part of the survey asked consumer respondents to: (1) indicate whether teh extended warranty had been purchased at the same time the product was bought; and (2) evaluate the degree of satisfaction with extended warranty service, had it been received, on a scale which ranged from "1 = very satisfied to 5 = very dissatisfied.