Key new features include: flash multimedia acceleration; support for VMware Linked Clones for rapid provisioning of virtual desktops from a master image; as well as extended platform support, including support for Windows 7; Windows 2008 and 2008 R2; Windows Vista; System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2; and Parallels Virtuozzo Containers (x86 and x64).
What does XP stand for?
XP stands for Extended Platform
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of XP
We have 6 other meanings of XP in our Acronym Attic
- Crosspoint (FidoNet Point software)
- Expansion Pack
- Experian (credit reporting agency)
- Experience (Microsoft Windows XP)
- Experience Points
- Experimental Pilot
- Experimental Prototype
- Explosion Proof
- Extended Play
- Extended Stored Procedure (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Extra Performance (AMD Athlon XP+)
- Extreme Performance (AMD Athlon processor)
- Extreme Programming
- Microsoft Windows XP (operating system)
- Plans and Programs (USAF)
- Symbol or monogram for Christ or Christianity (from X and P, the first two letters of the Greek word for Christ)
- Xanthogranulomatous Pyelonephritis
- Xeon Processor (Windows)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Commuters in the region have had to fight for every refurbished carriage and extended platform as rising passenger numbers have heaped pressure on the frequently overcrowded Valleys Lines network.
Known facts so far about the permanent station, besides the extended platforms (to accommodate longer, 10-car trains) is that it will have a connection to the World Financial Center, giving passengers easier access to ferries.
Extended platform support for ADIC's IFL utility helps lower the cost of protecting digital assets by automatically migrating files from older to newer media before data is lost due t o age or wear.
0 enhances server administration, featuring automated corrective actions and extended platform management.