Summary: Japan: An express passenger train hit a truck at a level crossing in Japan on .
What does XPT stand for?
XPT stands for Express Passenger Train (Melbourne-Sydney-Brisbane in Australia)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of XPT
We have 5 other meanings of XPT in our Acronym Attic
- XML Portal Server (Sequoia Software)
- Xtreme Power Systems (Lake Havasu City, AZ)
- XUV Photometer System
- X - Protocol Stream Benchmark
- Expedited Presentation Service Data Unit
- Xerox Particle Simulation Environment (Webster, NY)
- Xtreme Paintball Sports League
- Xerox Print Services Manager (software; Xerox Corporation)
- Xign Payment Services Network
- Accelerated Purge and Trap (Teledyne)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the early 1960s the steam express passenger trains (mostly with LMS Jubilee class locos) were quickly being replaced by the new English electric type 4 diesel locomotives.
Umarov also claimed his fighters were responsible for the November bombing of the Nevsky Express passenger train that killed 26 people en route from Moscow to St Petersburg.
EDIRNE, Sep 2, 2009 (TUR) -- The Orient Express passenger train has arrived at north-western Turkish province of Edirne on Wednesday with 95 passengers and 40 staff members.
Eight minutes earlier an express passenger train had passed the spot.
A LONG-FORGOTTEN era is set to return this St David's Day when a giant steam locomotive pulls an express passenger train from London into Cardiff's Central station.
The Euston to Manchester Piccadilly express passenger train had crossed a signal at red, coming to a stop with the locomotive straddling the switch diamonds of the junction, when it was hit by the Liverpool to Euston train travelling at between 95 to 100 mph.