The algorithms used for public-key cryptology tend to be very mathematical, relying on large prime numbers, exponentiation, or other concepts to prove they're secure," says Greg Rose, a cryptologist in San Diego, California.
What does E stand for?
E stands for Exponentiation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of E
- Euro (European currency)
- European Route (European interstate)
- Even (par; golf)
- Everyone (ESRB)
- Exa- (10^18, SI Prefix)
- Excellence (Navy award given to ships or units for top performance)
- Exchequer (UK)
- Expectation (mathematics; probability theory)
- Explorer (Microsoft)
- Exposure Level
- Extra (as in extra fine)
- Failing Grade (used instead of or in addition to F)
- Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, Virginia (designates original point of circulation of a dollar bill)
- Glutamate (amino acid)
- Have Directed Traffic (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- London East (postcode, United Kingdom)
- New Brunswick (Canada Post designation)
- Special Delivery (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
Samples in periodicals archive:
an exponentiation (^), with an array exponentiation, (.
Below are expressions for ONE (due to Anil) and SIXTY using, respectively, exponentiation and a square root.
Computing discrete logarithms is apparently difficult (no efficient alogrithm is known), while the inverse problem of discrete exponentiation is not (it can be computed efficiently using exponentiation by squaring, for example).
Computation Costs The Computational costs depend on the Number of exponentiations.
Commencing with an invited paper proposing a new exponentiation method for averting side channel attacks to which cryptographic algorithm implementations are subject, sessions address novel fault attacks, protecting against fault attacks, and tools for implementing fault attacks for performance and security analyses.
Exponentiation of the resulting [beta] coefficients describes the multiplicative increase in lipid-adjusted serum PBDE concentrations per unit change in predictor variables.
[11 ] Scheme Exponentiation No 4 4 4 Symmetric No 9 No No encryption One-way hash 1 No 7 7 function Exclusive or No No 4 4 The number of 3 4 3 3 message flows