A police spokeswoman said: "An explosives unit was sent to the reservoir and they soon gave the all-clear and the cordon was lifted.
What does EU stand for?
EU stands for Explosives Unit (US FBI Bomb Data Center)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EU
We have 16 other meanings of EU in our Acronym Attic
- Eustice Australian Air Mail Catalog (philately)
- Evangel University
- Evangelical Union
- Events Unlimited (UK)
- Evropská Unie (Czech: Europian Union)
- Execution Unit (computer engineering)
- Exelon Utilities (various locations)
- Expanded Universe (series of novels and comic books)
- Expander Unit
- Experimental Unit
- Extended Universe
- External Unit
- European Cooperation in Research and Education (Italy)
- European Union Emission Trading Scheme (est. 2005)
- European Union Mutual Recognition Agreements
- Well, Good (Prefix)
- European Union Assistance on Curbing Small Arms and Light Weapons in Cambodia
- Euro Credit Indexed-Note Default Index
- European Union Council Secretariat
- Emissions Unit-Hazardous Waste Combustor
Samples in periodicals archive:
An Army explosives unit travelled from Cork and carried out a controlled explosion on the device.
According to the spokesman of the Security Directorate of Benghazi, Majdi al-Urrfi, the explosives unit in directorate is leading the investigations.
Authorities cleared the mall of shoppers after the threat, paving the way for the local explosives unit, sniffer dogs, the fire department and the medical emergency unit, who were immediately rushed to the scene, MoI spokesperson, Colonel Mohammed Al-Sabr said.
This material could not have been manufactured in Baghdad, it came from abroad," Major-General Jihad al-Jaabiri, the chief of the explosives unit, told reporters.