Police told the National Iraqi News Agency that explosive ordnance disposal team defused on Friday evening three improvised explosive devices near a voting center in Baiji district, North of Tikrit.
What does EOD stand for?
EOD stands for Explosive Ordnance Disposal
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EOD
We have 100 other meanings of EOD in our Acronym Attic
- Event of Default
- Every Other Day
- Everyone's Divorced
- Everything-On-Demand (services)
- Examinations On Demand
- Exceed on Demand (client)
- Explosive Ordnance Depot/Disposal
- Explosive Ordnance Detachment
- Explosive Ordnance Detection
- Explosive Ordnance Device (less common)
- Export on Demand System (trade)
- Expression of Dissatisfaction (UK)
- Extent of Damage (insurance)
- Extent of Disease
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal/Low Intensity Conflict
- Eastern Ohio Development Alliance (Cambridge, OH)
- Essential Oil Dealers Association
- End Of Data Address
- Electro Optical Distributed Aperture System (military aircraft)
- Electro-Optic Data Acquisition System
Samples in periodicals archive:
19, that explosive ordnance disposal team deactivated on Friday evening three improvised explosive devices near a voting center in Baiji district, north of Tikrit.
Lieutenant Colonel Simon Bell, commanding officer for the 33 Engineer Regiment (Explosive Ordnance Disposal), said: "The tragic loss of Sapper Ray has shaken both the Explosive Ordnance Disposal and Search Task Force and the Regiment deeply.
Secretary of the Navy, the Honorable Ray Mabus, recently awarded the Silver Star Medal to Chief Explosive Ordnance Disposal Gerardo Sosa, of Garden Grove, Calif.
Requests made by an Garda Siochana for assistance in dealing with a suspect device or for the removal of old ordnance are responded to by the Explosive Ordnance Disposal Team in the relevant Brigade.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Caption: The 752d Explosive Ordnance Disposal Company, attached to the 1st Special Troops Battalion, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, trained technicians from the 9th Iraqi Army Bomb Disposal Company in techniques for effective post-blast site exploitation in November 2008.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Navy explosive ordnance disposal divers will soon be getting the next generation underwater breathing apparatus, or NUBA.