The Eugene Explosive Disposal Unit was dispatched to the scene.
What does EDU stand for?
EDU stands for Explosive Disposal Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EDU
We have 64 other meanings of EDU in our Acronym Attic
- Energy Design Update (publication; Aspen Publishers)
- Energy Distribution Unit
- Engine Diagnostic Unit
- Engineering Development Unit
- Engineering Display Unit
- Enterprise Development Unit
- Equipment Dependent Uptime
- Equivalent Dwelling Unit
- European Democrat Union
- European Drugs Unit
- Higher Education Institution (Top Level Domain)
- Commission for Culture and Education (COR)
- Education User Conference
- Educación, Cultura y Ecología (Spanish: Education, Culture and Ecology; Mexico)
- European Database for Ultraviolet Climatology and Evaluation
- Educational Communications
- Ellis Dallas Unified Cooperative Team (Dallas/Fort Worth, TX; fire department group)
- Editora Da Universidade Federal Fluminense (Portuguese: Editor of Fluminense Federal University)
- European DDC (Dewey Decimal Classification) Users Group (libraries and translation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They will be aided by units including RAF air support, helicopters, royal engineers, logistics experts and explosive disposal units.
In 2003, he became the Special Operations Section's commander in charge of the Special Weapons and Tactics Team (SWAT) and the Crowd Control Team, which included managing the Explosive Disposal Unit, Crisis Negotiation Team, Firearms Program, Honor Guard, Traffic Enforcement Unit, School Resource Team and Patrol K9 Team.
But members of the explosive disposal unit determined it was, in fact, a dog toy.
The Lane Metro Explosive Disposal Unit was called in, and a portion of Fifth Avenue was closed for about 15 minutes while the bomb experts removed the devices.
The fire marshal and Eugene police's explosive disposal unit are investigating.