According to measurements by an array of autonomous free-floating ocean floats called Argo, as well as by earlier devices called expendable bathythermographs, or XBTs, that were dropped from ships to obtain temperature data, ocean heat content has increased over the last 16 years.
What does XBT stand for?
XBT stands for Expendable Bathythermograph
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of XBT
We have 1 other meaning of XBT in our Acronym Attic
- Xtreme Billing System (software)
- X/Open Backup Services Application
- X-Linked Recessive Bulbospinal Neuronopathy
- Xign Business Settlement Network (payment software)
- X/Open Baseline Security Services
- Xaverian Brothers Sponsored Schools
- 14C-D-Xylose Breath Test (diagnostics)
- Bitcoin (cryptocurrency)
- Crossbar Tandem
- Crossbraced Truss
- X-ray Backscatter Technology
- Xenon Beacon Tracker
- Expendable Bathythermograph/Expendable Conductivity-Temperature-Depth probe
- X Beyond the Frontier (German gaming clan)
- Xtreme Backyard Wrestling
- Xtreme Backyard Wrestling Alliance
- Xtreme Backyard Wrestling Federation
- External Benchmarking Extension (software)
- Kabixi (Brazil)
- Microsoft Xbox
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gear used included an Isaacs-Kidd midwater trawl net, bongo net, Conductivity-Temperature-Depth (CTD) probes, Expendable Bathythermograph (XBT), and a sea surface temperature recorder.