George Solhan, the Office of Naval Research's deputy chief researcher for expeditionary maneuver warfare, ripped the Marine Corps' ballistic requirements for armor at the National Defense Industrial Association's Expeditionary Warfare Conference last year.
What does EMW stand for?
EMW stands for Expeditionary Maneuver Warfare
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EMW
We have 34 other meanings of EMW in our Acronym Attic
- Electromagnetic Wave
- Electromagnetic Window
- Electronic Metadata Workbook
- Elite Most Wanted
- Engineer Mine Warfare
- Equivalent Mud Weight (oil and gas drilling)
- Ericsson Microwave Systems
- Ericsson Mobility World
- Essential Mix Weekly (blog)
- Evangelical Movement of Wales (UK)
- Essence of Motown Writers Alliance (est. 2004; Detroit, MI)
- Ethiopian Media Women’s Association (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
- European Medical Writers Association (Zug, Switzerland)
- European Microsoft Windows Academic Centre
- East Midlands Water Company (UK)
- Eastern Manitoba Woodland Caribou Advisory Committee
- Eastern Municipal Water District
- Energy Management Working Group
- Environmental Monitoring Working Group (UK)
- Euro-African Medium Wave Guide (publication)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ONR's participation at Modern Day Marine is an important two-way stimulator for creative thought, discussions of ideas and situational awareness," said Dan Simons, who leads the fires thrust team, part of ONR's expeditionary maneuver warfare & combating terrorism department.
Spider" Nyland, former Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps, once said, "The demands of expeditionary maneuver warfare require the MAGTF commander to have assured access, an ability to conduct movement and maneuver, and an ability to retain the initiative with high operational tempo.
Sea Basing also is a principal enabling concept supporting Marine Corps expeditionary concepts, including Expeditionary Maneuver Warfare, Operational Maneuver From The Sea (OMFTS), and Ship-To-Objective Maneuver (STOM).
Our Aviation Transition Plan will support Expeditionary Maneuver Warfare and provide enhanced strategic agility, operational reach, tactical flexibility, support and sustainment, and joint/multinational enabling.
In doing so, it is incorporating concepts contained in the Marine Corps' doctrine of Expeditionary Maneuver Warfare (EMW) as well as those prescribed by Naval Force Health Protection-21 doctrine.
The Office of Naval Research's expeditionary maneuver warfare and combating terrorism department is leading the effort to pair the computer x-ray scans with forensic data gathered from the blasts to help determine the exact causes of death or injury.