Their mean baseline Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS) score was about 2.
What does EDSS stand for?
EDSS stands for Expanded Disability Status Scale
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EDSS
We have 31 other meanings of EDSS in our Acronym Attic
- École Doctorale en Sciences Sociales (Spanish: Social Sciences Graduate School)
- Edmonton Down Syndrome Society (Canada)
- Education Decision Support System (various locations)
- Electronic Data Storage System
- Electronic Document Storage System
- Electronic Document Submission System
- Elmira District Secondary School (Canada)
- Equine Digit Support System
- Equipment Deployment and Storage System
- Executive Decision Support System
- Electron Devices and Solid-State Circuits
- Eastern Daylight Savings Time
- École Doctorale Sciences et Technologies (French: Science and Technology Graduate School)
- Edge-Disjoint Spanning Tree
- Electron Devices and Semiconductor Technology (International Workshop)
- Engineering Design System Technology (San Jose, California)
- Enroute Decision Support Tool (US FAA)
- Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
- Extended Daylight Saving Time
- Endocrine Disruptors Screening and Testing Advisory Committee
Samples in periodicals archive:
Miller and colleagues (1998) suggested several reasons for the lack of strong correlation between results of conventional MRI finding and level of functional disability, including problems with measurement error in quantifying MRI parameters; difficulty quantifying relapses; and the non-linearity of the Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS), a commonly used scale that measures both impairment and disability (Kurtzke, 1983).
considering social situation, daily problems, disease course, and disabilities, and by using the expanded disability status scale (EDSS).
In the past 6 years, 75% of them experienced no confirmed progression of their MS, and 10% improved, as measured by a scale called the Expanded Disability Status Scale (or EDSS).
They had a mean age of 38 years, a mean disease duration of 8 years, and a mean Expanded Disability Status Scale score of 3.