The Army in 2011 issued a request for proposals for its recapitalization program, the modernized expanded capacity vehicle (MECV), which would have refurbished about 6,000 Humvees.
What does ECV stand for?
ECV stands for Expanded Capacity Vehicle
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ECV
We have 61 other meanings of ECV in our Acronym Attic
- Enhanced Compliance Validation (US DoD)
- Ensemble de Cuivres Valaisan
- Entrepreneurship Competition Vilnius (Vilnius, Lithuania)
- Environmental Compliance Verification
- Équipe Cycliste Vélizy (French cycling team)
- Escudos Capverdien (French: Cape Verdean Escudos; monetary unit)
- Essais Cliniques et Validation (French: Clinical Trials and Validation)
- Essential Climate Variable
- Estimated Cash Value (stamp collecting)
- European Construction Ventures
- Expected Commercial Value
- Extended Content Verification (computing)
- External Cephalic Version
- Extracellular Volume
- External Cephalic Version with Tocolysis (late pregnancy disorder)
- E Chart Visual Acuity (eyes)
- Electronic Campus of Virginia (cooperative initiative)
- Elko Convention and Visitors Authority (Elko, NV)
- End Cartoon Violence of America (advocacy)
- Episcopal Church and Visual Arts
Samples in periodicals archive:
The M1114 Uparmoured Humvee, based on the Expanded Capacity Vehicle chassis, was developed in the mid-1990s to equip scout platoons and military police units; fewer than 1000 M1114s were built by early 2004.
Despite being killed as part of a five-year plan to reduce defense spending, the Modernized Expanded Capacity Vehicle effort remains a goal of Army leaders.