00 Hardcover TP1183 A plastics technologist in the expandable polystyrene (EPS) industry, Britton summarizes the current theory and practice of the technology for his colleagues, especially those new to the field or those who have specialized in another area until now.
What does XPS stand for?
XPS stands for Expandable Polystyrene
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of XPS
We have 14 other meanings of XPS in our Acronym Attic
- Xerox Production Print Services
- Cross-Polarization Ratio
- External Program Request
- Extreme Pattern Recognition (bioinformatics, chemometrics)
- X Public Relations (Santa Ana, CA)
- Xenopus Progesterone Receptor (biochemistry)
- Experimental Pragmatics (conference)
- Xtensa Processor Extension Synthesis (computer programming)
- Xerox Print Resources Manager
- Xml Permission-to Role Mapping
- Express Parcel Service (shipping)
- Extended Parallel Server
- Extended Physical Synthesis (Synospsys IC Compiler)
- Extreme Performance Systems (Dell)
- Extruded Polystyrene (also seen as XEPS)
- Hybrid Positioning System (Skyhook Wireless)
- Polystyrene Crystal
- X-Band Phase Shifter
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy
- X-Ray Photoemission Spectroscopy
Samples in periodicals archive:
A group of researchers at University of Tehran believe that it is possible to reduce the rate of flammability of polystyrene grains and their resulting foams by adding modified nanoclay to the formulation of water expandable polystyrene grains.
BASF products that ensure the home's energy peformance include: expandable polystyrene insulating wall systems for energy efficiency and durability, polyurethane foam sealants that create outstanding air and moisture barriers, cool metal roof coatings that reduce solar heat gain, and low VOC sealants and adhesives that improve indoor air quality, to name a few.
Defects in expandable polystyrene (EPS) patterns used in the lost foam casting process not only can cause pattern scrap but also casting scrap.
The new alliance will be called Novidesa, SA de CV and it is expected to be a market leader in high value expandable polystyrene.